It’s March, the snowiest month of the year on average here along the Front Range in Colorado, but we also begin Spring, have longer days and warmer temperatures. It’s also a great time to think about those roofing and waterproofing projects, now is when you can get a great deal before the traditionally busy summer season- kind of like buying skis at the end of the season, or golf clubs in the fall.
WeatherSure Systems is proud to be a Silver Sponsor of the 2012 Courage Classic, a fundraising bike ride that benefits Children’s Hospital. I’m already nervous about the challenges of riding over 150 miles through the Colorado high country, but it’s also always good to have a goal. Here’s some of the official background from Children’s Hospital:
Courage Classic fundraising supports Children’s Fund for Children’s Hospital Colorado. Children’s Fund gifts allow the hospital to quickly improve the care we offer to every child who walks through our doors. Children’s served more than 158,000 patients in 2010, and we expect to see even more infants, kids and teens in the years to come.
Your support for Children’s Fund helps us:
- Focus on care that supports parents, family and siblings as they navigate the medical, emotional and social needs of patients
- Offer financial access to care for children in need
- Help parents find federal and state resources for their child’s care
- Provide Children’s expertise close to home through clinics around the Denver Metro and the Rocky Mountain region
- Make groundbreaking strides in research leading to more effective treatments and cures for childhood illnesses
A portion of Courage Classic fundraising also goes to the Hospital Sports Program, which helps patients with physical disabilities experience freedom from physical challenges through activities like skiing, snowboarding, fishing and cycling.
You can go to the Courage Classic website to learn more, or donate- www.couragetours.com , the WeatherSure team is named “New Riders on the Storm”